Skip to main content

Name Drawing

In this drawing lesson it was focused on creating lines. We used a white piece of paper and had to create our name or nickname in the center of the paper. We traced our name in black sharpie and then then were told to shade our name in a solid color. The rest of the paper had to be filed with a bunch of different patterns. We had to incorporate different drawing tools I used crayons, markers and colored pencils.
Extension Activity: An extension activity for this project would be to have the students write a paragraph about why they picked the designs for the background of their drawing. I would also have students write about what their favorite colors are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Print Making Quilting

For this project we had to create a paper quilt using the print making tools. To make the designs on the paper we had to use a gel plate and our choice of stencils to create whatever designs we wanted with paint. We also had to incorporate different colors and patterns into this project. We would cover our gel plate with paint and a stencil and then put paper over that and roll it with a roller over top to push the design into the paper. We then cut out all the different pattern squares and glued them on to a piece of construction paper to create a quilt. An extension activity I would do with this is incorporating it with a book. It could also be connected to wintertime and I could bring in some of my own personal quilts to show the students. This would let students see the patterns on a real quilt and all the design detail that

3D Hot Air Baloon

For this 3D project we created a hot air balloon. To create the 3D illusion, we took a paper plate and glued at least twenty paper strips of paper with space in-between the strips and the plate which created the 3D effect of having depth. Below the hot air balloon, we had to draw a landscape of our choice. Then we also attached cotton balls that were 3D as well to look like clouds. Extension Activity: I would tie this art project into language arts. I would have the students write a paragraph about if they would get to take a ride on a hot air balloon here would they want to go and why. Students would present there air balloon project and read their paragraph to the class.

Footprint

Our first art project we created was a footprint which had to consist of three different types of media on it. I chose a few different things to describe things about me. The airplane and the picture of the girl pointing at the map stands for how much I love to travel. The hills on the bottom represent the Black Hills because that is my absolute favorite place in South Dakota. The pink ballerina shoes represent me because I was in Just For Kix dance for thirteen years of my life. The apple represents my passion of wanting to be a teacher. I also decorated my footprint with the little polka dots because that is my favorite print/pattern. Extension Activity- Students will also have the opportunity to create this awesome art project as well. I will help them trace their footprints and cut them out. Students will be asked to use three different media types as well. They will have access to any of the art supplies in the classroom that they may want to use. Once students have c...