Skip to main content

Dot Project

During class today, we learned about the dot. We got to make an art project with a coffee filter and experiment to see how different types of drawing utensils would react on the filter. On my filter I chose to use oil pastels and then I used markers to make the color blead when I painted the water on it. Where I used the oil pastels in rejected the water.
Extension Activity: I would post dots all over the school and have the students go on a hunt to find them.The studnets would also have to find an object around the school that looks like a dot as well and take a picture of it with their shcool camera or ipad. This will be perfect to get the studnets up and moving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elements & Principles of Art

Organic Shape Needles Highway - Black Hills,SD Space Aerial Lift Bridge - Duluth,MN Color Strawbeery Plant - Big Stone City,SD Emphasis My Dog Scope - Big Stone City,SD Lines Island Runner- Aberdeen,SD

Print Making Quilting

For this project we had to create a paper quilt using the print making tools. To make the designs on the paper we had to use a gel plate and our choice of stencils to create whatever designs we wanted with paint. We also had to incorporate different colors and patterns into this project. We would cover our gel plate with paint and a stencil and then put paper over that and roll it with a roller over top to push the design into the paper. We then cut out all the different pattern squares and glued them on to a piece of construction paper to create a quilt. An extension activity I would do with this is incorporating it with a book. It could also be connected to wintertime and I could bring in some of my own personal quilts to show the students. This would let students see the patterns on a real quilt and all the design detail that

Vicent Van Gough

We reviewed Van Gogh's paintings and the elements that he used throughout his artwork. We got to use different colored tissue paper to create a background. My landscape was a mountain scenery that remind me of Big Sky Montana. I used mainly cool colors to represent the sky and snow. We also used oil pastels to create snow at the top of my black paper mountains and swirls in the background like Van Gogh did throughout his artwork. Extension: An extension activity I think would be interesting with this art assignment would be for the students to write a short paragraph about the reasoning behind their background color choice and scenery image and use their imaginations. Their paragraph and artwork would be hung up in the hallways outside of the classroom.